PHOTOGRAPHY

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Educational Enlightenment


The theremin or thereminvox is one of the earliest fully electronic musical instruments.

The theremin is unusual in that it requires no physical contact in order to produce music and was, in fact, the first musical instrument designed to be played without being touched. The instrument consists of an array of circuitry including two antennas around which the user moves his or her hands to play.

So what does it sound like, huh? Actually I had a list of bands or songs that u've probably heard where they had used the theremin. But I can't find it now. Basically, it has this wahwah sound..they used it for that out-of-this-world sounds [so they thought at that time, anyway]. It's quite fascinating, I'm intrigued, really. Would buy one if I could find/afford/had time to look for one. Wanna hear some theremin?

Click Me

I think this one is super cool coz I've seen a video of it being played, and it looks SUPER HARD, okay. So this must have taken yonks to learn! I mean, it's a CHOPIN piece, which for non-pianists' info, is hard to play on PIANO, let alone GUESS on the theremin, phfeww! [Did I just say "super cool"?! sheesh, Nannue, you're rubbing off on me, stop it. :D ]

No comments: